JSS 2 SOCIAL STUDIES, EASTER TERM, LESSON 4: BENEFITS OF POSITIVE GROUP BEHAVIOUR.
The following are the benefits of positive groups behaviours are ;
1. Companionship: People that share similar traits always feel connected to each other. In essence, they develop a friendship that cut across different ethnic groups or countries. This attitude promotes understanding and unity in the society.
2. Achievement: When people work together as group, they are able to achieve what a single individual could not, using the same resources and time. For instance, the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has bean able to force government to reduce the price of petroleum products several times. The Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) has been able to compel government to improve on the health facilities available in the country.
2. Effective Avenue for Change: Positive group behaviour can compel government to adopt policies and programmes that can be of great benefit to members of society. For instance, as a result of the increasing number of motorcycle accidents, some governments have banned commercial motorcycle (okada) from some streets.
4. Provision of Social Services: Actions of some groups have been of great benefits to the society. This is because these groups have been able to assist government and other organisations in providing social services to the public. Examples of such groups are Rotary Club, Lion Club, Junior Chambers International (JCI), and the Red Cross.
5. Awareness: Positive groups behaviour had been used to enlighten the masses on the activities of certain people, ethnic groups or government that are regardless as inhuman. For instance, some groups (e.g Campaign Against Female Mutilation) have cried against female circumcision. Other groups have made the public of the high tariffs we pay for calls compared to what is obtainable in countries like South Africa and Great Britain.
6. Security: Positive group behaviour provides security for defenseless members of society who have been denied their human rights. These groups protect these people from further humiliation, and also help them to seek justice for the pains they have passed through.
7. Affiliation and Status: Some groups are affiliated to international organisations abroad, therefore, making them a powerful group to be reckoned with. Also, people who display positive group behaviour serves as role models. This is because people look up to them as human rights defenders who help protect and speak on behalf of members of society. As a result of their selfless service, some members have won a lot of awards, both home and abroad.
JSS 2 SOCIAL STUDIES, EASTER TERM, LESSON 1: LIVING TOGETHER IN THE FAMILY. When people ‘ live together’, it means that they live in the same house, eat together and interact with each other on a continual basis. The term has to do with the two types of family set-up: nuclear family and exteended families. …. Read More
JSS 2 SOCIAL STUDIES, EASTER TERM, LESSON 3: POSITIVE GROUP BEHAVIOUR. Lesson Objectives: At the end of this lesson, every student should be able to: 1. Define group behaviour. 2. Identify types of group behaviour. 3. Distinguish between different types of group behaviour. 4. Mention the benefits of positive group behaviours. Meaning of Group A …. Read More
JSS2 SOCIAL STUDIES, EASTER TERM, LESSON 5: SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES Drug Use and Abuse Meaning of Drug A drug can be defined as a substance used for medical purposes, either alone or in a mixture. It can also be defined as any substance that changes the way a person body works, or in the …. Read More
JSS2 SOCIAL STUDIES, EASTER TERM, LESSON 6.CULTURE Culture Culture is defined as the way of life of a people. This include the beliefs, their mode of worship, their arts and crafts, language, religion, technology, dressing, way of thinking, dancing, greeting, and eating habits, as well as the political and economic systems they operates. Culture is …. Read More
YHWH HAMASCHIAC SCHOOL EXAMINATION. TERM: Second/ Easter Term CLASS: SS2 COURSE: Civic Education TIME & DATE: 2Hours. Monday 29th March 2021. Counsel: Always remember that examinations are meant to test the extent to which you have being able to understanding the teaching scheme scheduled to mit your developmental needs at a given phase in life …. Read More
JSS 2 SOCIAL STUDIES, SPRING TERM, LESSON 1(RECAP/REVISION ON EASTER TERM WORK). SECTION A 1A. 2B. 3 C. 4D. 5A. 6B. 7C. 8A. 9A. 10A 1. List five causes of drug abuse. Answer to Q1 1Curiosity 2. Peer group influence 3 Drug availability: 4. Misinformation 5. Lack of parental supervision 2. . Mention five disadvantages …. Read More
JSS2 SOCIAL STUDIES, SPRING TERM, LESSON TWO……THE SCHOOL COMMUNITY. Hello student(s), today we shall be talking about school. I knew by now most of you may have pondered a lot over what school is, though, you may have concluded that ‘a school is where we go to acquire formal and basic knowledge’. That is right …. Read More
JSS2 SOCIAL STUDIES, SPRING TERM, LESSON THREE…..THE SCHOOL COMMUNITY. Every member of staff in a school has an important role to play in helping to achieve the objectives of the school. Let us now consider the roles that some of them performance: 1. The Principle: The principal, as the leader of the school, has the …. Read More
JSS2 SOCIAL STUDIES, SPRING TERM, LESSON FOUR………THE SCHOOL COMMUNITY. Parent-Teacher Association (PTA): Thee parent-teachers association is a formal organisation composed of parents, teachers and staff that is intended to facilitate parental participation in a school. The PTA is a powerful organisation affilitate with many groups in the country. The PTA aims at performing the following …. Read More
JSS2 SOCIAL STUDIES, SPRING TERM, LESSON FIVE…….THE SCHOOL COMMUNITY. 10. The nurser: The school burser is the officials in charge of school accounts and other financial matters. Other duties that the school burser performance are a follows: a). Maintain the school payroll, and billings. b). Accounting for every amount of money that the school receives …. Read More
JSS2 SOCIAL STUDIES, SPRING TERM, LESSON SIX…..DRUG TRAFFICKING MEANING OF DRUG TRAFFICKING Drug trafficking is the illegal trading cultivating, manufacturing, distributing strong, selling and consuming of substances which are subject to drug prohibition law. It is also defined as the concealing, conveying, importing and exporting of dangerous drugs such as cocaine, heroic, cannabis or marijuana …. Read More
JSS2 SOCIAL STUDIES, SPRING TERM, LESSON SEVEN…..SOLUTION TO DRUG TRAFFICKING Drug trafficking could be prevented through some measures which include:- 1. Education: Proper education of the masses especially the youth on the negative effect of drug trafficking will go along way to discourage drug trafficking. 2. Employment Opportunity:- The government and other rich people in …. Read More
YHWH HAMASCHIAC INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL. TERM: SPRING/THIRD TERM CA COURSE: SOCIAL STUDIES, TIME: 2hours. GUIDE: Answer question one and three others. 1a. What is a school? 1b. List four divisions of schools in Nigeria. 2. List and explain three duties of a school principal. 3a. Who is a school custodian? 3b. What are the functions of …. Read More
YHWH HAMASCHIAC INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS SPRING TERM JSS2 CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT TEST (C.A.T) ANSWERS ON SOCIAL STUDIES GUIDE: Answer question one and three others. 1a. What is a school? 5Marks Answer to Question 1a Meaning of a School A school is an institution for educating learners or students and it is also, a place where formal education …. Read More
JSS2 SOCIAL STUDIES, SPRING TERM, LESSON EIGTH…… MORE WAYS OF DISCOURAGING DRUG ABUSE Other ways of discouraging drug abuse includes the following: 1. Provision of employment:- Government should try to encourage the youth to work by providing employment for them. 2. Government should ban the use and sales of illicit drugs and punish the victims …. Read More
YHWH HAMASCHIAC INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL. JSS2 Student’s Spring/Third Term areas of concentration for Spring Term for Examination. 1.Areas of concentration for HOME ECONOMIC JSS2 are on lesson 2, 3& 5. 2. Areas of concentration for Basic Science JSS2 are on lesson lesson 2, 4, 6 7,& 8. 3. Areas of concentration for Civic Education JSS2 are …. Read More
YHWH HAMASCHIAC INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL. TERM: SPRING/THIRD TERM EXAMIBATION COURSE: SOCIAL STUDIES, TIME: GUIDE: Answer question one and three others. 1a. What is a school? 1b. List four divisions of schools in Nigeria. 2. List and explain three duties of a school principal. 3a. Who is a school custodian? 3b. What are the functions of a …. Read More
YESHUA HAMASCHIAC, CHTISTMAS TERM, J.S.S2 SOCIAL STUDIES, LESSON ONE……SOCIAL GROUP Date: 6th October 2021 Meaning of Social Group A social group can be defined as a group of people who are united by a common goal which they want to achieve. Such a group of people are usually held together by ties of common interest. …. Read More