TOPIC : Entrepreneurship
SUBJECT : BUSINESS STUDIES
Entrepreneurship has been defined as the process of creating, developing and actualizing ideas through the establishment of business enterprises that provide the needs of people. It has been defined as the capacity and willingness to develop, organize, and manage a business venture along with any of its risks in order to make a profit.
Who is an Entrepreneur
An entrepreneur has been defined as “a person who starts, organizes and manages any enterprise, especially a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk. They act as the manager and oversee the launch and growth of an enterprise.
A business is any economic activity performed to produce goods or services that provide satisfaction for the consumers.
An enterprise is a business or a concern set up by an individual, group of individual or even government for providing goods and services for a purpose. An enterprise may be private, public or voluntary agency enterprise.
Employment means work for somebody, a company or even the government for regular payment of wages or salary to sustain life.
Self-employment is the act of working for oneself instead of working for another person or an employer and paid directly by the people you provide a product or services for others.
acilities available for self-employment
1. Loan facilities
2. Training facilities
3. Infrastructural facilities
4. Free trade processing zones
5. Land allocation for farming and industrial zones
6. Trade fair and exhibition
1. Chief Subomi Balogun – banking business
2. Alhaji Arisekola Alao – Commerce, oil and gas and manufacturing
3. Chief Vincent Amaechi Obianodo – transportation and hospitality business
4. Chief Tony Ezenna – Pharmaceutical, oil and gas
5. Alhaji Aminu Dantata – commerce and manufacturing
6. Mr Femi Otedola – Oil and gas
7. Chief Adebayo Akande – communications and hospitality business.
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – Manufacturing business
2. Dr. Mike Adenuga – information technology, banking, oil and gas etc
3. Chief Cletus Ibeto – trading, manufacturing, oil and gas
4. Chief Oba Otudeko – manufacturing business
5. Mrs. Folorunso Alakija – oil and gas and fashion designing
6. Dr. Raymond Dokpesi – communication technology
1. Bill Gate of Microsoft Corporation – information technology
2. Dustin Moskovitz – Co-founder of Facebook
3. Anton Kathrein Jr – Manufacturer of radio and television broadcast antenna
4. Alisher Usmanov – steel manufacturing, telecom and investment
5. Alice Walton – Properties of Crystal Bridges museum of American Art
6. Leonardo Del Vecchio – Manufacturer of eyeglasses
1. Differentiate between employment and self-employment
2. List three types of business you would like to do when you become an entrepreneur.